Friday, April 25, 2008

Our VN adoption is pretty much over

It does not look like we will be adopting from VN. I had held out hope that the gov'ts would allow us to remain logged in and resume the adoption when VN became a Hague country.

Well the word has come down in the last day or so about the fate of our dossier and the dossiers logged in w/o referrals before Sept 1. Basically, the dossier will be returned to us. They are not allowing dossiers to remain logged in. I am actually a bit surprised. I thought we had a really long wait but would be able to see it through in a few years. I have not had the time to ready the entire post but have read snippets of it on VVAI.

What has been reported from the US government as to what is going on over there is very bad. Again, bad seeds ruin it for the whole. The corruption seems to be at all levels. I will grieve the loss of this adoption, but my heart again breaks for the orphans that will remain in VN and in other countries not getting adopted. Money may not be the root of ALL evil, but it is definitely the root of this evil.

I have emailed our agency as to what to do now. We just have to trust that God leads us to our little girl or little boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well #$%8& I know you were not expecting this news. It took me by surprise. I am a little stunned that you did not hear this from the agency directly! Your case worker sure does hide when it comes to giving bad news. Any help you need working on the domestic adoption do not hesitate to call me.
Love you
Jennifer