Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wallpaper the Devil's spawn

Do I have everyone's attention now???

I spent 8 hours yesterday taking down wallpaper in Josh's bathroom.

We moved in 2 years ago and after taking down the wallpaper in the Kitchen. I am just getting the motivation to take it down in the two bathrooms. Since yesterday, I have decided to just paint over the paper in the master bath. Could not do it in the small bath b/c it was starting to peel. Josh's bath is two rooms. Tub and toilet close off from the vanity area. I actually spent 8 hours taking down the wallpaper in the little area by the tub that I can barely turn around b/c it is so small.

Ok let me start by saying that my house was built in 1994, and the previous owners had put 2 different wallpapers up. This paper is so awful that I have to share a link to this hideous wallpaper. Now keep in mind, they chose this wallpaper was after 1994 not in the height of the Miami Vice era. I can't believe I lived with it for 2 years. I now get to texture the walls b/c it is straight sheet rock. Hope I don't make it worse or I may just use flat paint and not texture it. Who knows?

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so feel your pain. We have taken down so much 80s country blue and tan wall paper over the past 5 years it gives me the shakes just thinking about it. I will never, never, never put wallpaper on any wall anywhere. Ever!

Jodie said...

LOL! That is some ugly wall paper! I think my grandmother had it in her livingroom at one time..with her plastic covered couch.