Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Prayers Needed

Prayers are needed.

I am calling out to blogland to join in on this prayer line. I have weighed as to whether to post about this b/c I don't actually know the family. I have decided that the more prayers out there for them would be appreciated. A friend of a friend's toddler, Jake (don't want to give last name b/c wanting to keep some privacy????), fell into a lake on Christmas Day and had to be resuscitated. They don't know how long he was in the water. He has been on a PICU since and has seen some progress each day. Reading their care page has brought back a lot of memories of our stay on the NICU.

Lynn, I know you read this sometimes. Amanda is going to need your support the most when he comes home, and she is having to deal with the day in and day out routine of doctor appointments and therapies, etc. Make sure she is hooked up with Early Steps (Louisiana's early intervention program). I posted a message in their guest book sending prayers from Houston.

I hate that this post is so serious/somber but talking about trivial things such as resolutions and what we did last night seems wrong.

No comments: