Friday, January 11, 2008

9 1/2 months since we began

We started this process 9 1/2 months ago. I can't believe it has been that long. It seems to have flown by, but I have felt every single day. I am so thankful that I have Josh which I can focus on our daily lives and not totally obsess over getting Claire.

I remember when we tried to get pregnant with Josh (fert. tx) I was so hyper focused on having a child not much else mattered. I read some of the adoption blogs and my heart breaks b/c many of the people have gone through the whole fertility txs and then get to the place where they begin the adoption process. Then there is the long wait.

The wait is tough, and it really has just begun for me. I like to have things to do. I wish we had things to do throughout the process so I could at least control even a small part of what is going on. One thing that bums me out is that I have two good friends that have 2 month old little girls. When we started the process all three of us were excited to be have all girls the same age. In my head, I had the idea that we would be getting to the end of the road by now.

Sorry for the downer post. Our agency still has not given any referrals and it is almost mid-Jan. Part of my mood may have to do with weight watchers. I used all of my points by dinner and could not have a sweet tonight. :( I saved all of my extra points for the week b/c we are celebrating my cousins bday tomorrow night, and I will be eating Italian. Nuff said

No comments: