Thursday, March 6, 2008

20 weeks DTV and still no news

Well our dossier has been in Vietnam for 20 weeks. Still waiting to even see referrals from our agency. I am starting to feel like we are spinning our wheels. I just don't know what we would do.

LNI does not really haven any other programs that jump out at us as a great option. I spoke with my caseworker about options w/i their agency. We spoke about a new program they are just getting rolling in Mexico. Makes sense right, we live in TX and Mexico is our neighbor. Well the kiddos coming form there will be 4y/o+. Right now not an option. LNI is trying to work with other states in MX where the kiddos may be younger but who knows. We also talked about Colombia. That was actually our first choice when we started until we realized it was a three year wait. Well, Mitch and I talked about options and wanted to ask more questions. I today asked my caseworker about our ages (b/c we may be too old to adopt an infant there). He emailed me that he would have to check to see if we could even adopt in Colombia b/c we already have a child. They apparently give preference to families who do not have children. There is always Kazakhstan. I was trying to stay away from the Eastern Block countries. Also, Mitch (with his always rational thought:)) does not want to go there b/c it is too close to the war. This may end up being our only option with LNI.

I have been doing a lot of praying that God show us where our little one is if not in VN. I don't believe it is God's plan that we just have one child. Jennifer believes our little one is in TX. She as of late has told me she just "knows" things.:) We will see where he/she is? In trying to wrap my brain around everything that is going on. I think that maybe Joshua needs our undivided attention for a bit longer. Keep us and our adoption in your prayers. I hope not to go crazy before the end of this journey.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

This is a horrible situation for all of us to be in. I'm in the same boat as you- the other LNI options don't appeal to us for a variety of reasons. Praying for a sign, a solution, a child, is constant in our house. Hang in there, I still have hope that things will get rolling. :)

Anonymous said...

We too looked at Mexico, but that age is just too high for us at this time. We don't qualify for Kaz because I'm not a US citizen, and they really don't have any other programs open. God I hope they start getting referrals, I don't know what to do if they don't. I guess we just need to stay hopeful.

Anonymous said...

I detect doubt in my Clairvoyant abilities. Feel free to doubt my talent but not my prayers I will be doing so without ceasing!

Love you
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just came across your blog and I too am with LNI. I also just spoke with Jason about other programs and just like you feel there are limited options. My husband, daughter and I really feel the VN is where our daughter is so we are praying that LNI gets referrals and the MOU mess is resolved. Jason did say 2 children where having thier medicals done and after that they can be referred. YEAH! I'm hoping for many to follow. I just signed up for LNI yahoo group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lnivietnam/
You may already know of this group. I'm looking forward to connecting with others from our agency.
If you need to rant or need encouragement feel free to e-mail me at mcsendes@yahoo.com
Hang in there.
Edrie