Friday, March 14, 2008

What is going on in our world

I have been patting myself on the back. I have been on Weight Watchers since the first week of Jan. As of yesterday I have lost a total of 20lbs.:):) I am now back to pre-pregnancy weight. Now, I am on the final stretch. I expect these last few pounds will not be as easy to lose.

Still no news from the agency about the expected referrals. It is bordering on ridiculous. I just do not see how, as things are currently going, we will every complete this adoption. It is very frustrating. I just don't know at what point do you cut your losses and move on? I will wait it out at least until we know what will happen after Sept 1.

With this being said, Mitch and I (really just me) have been looking into other options. I have requested info from two Texas agencies that do both infant and foster care adoptions. When we started this journey I would not even talk about foster care adoptions. I already have one special needs child. We started out talking to a few agencies about domestic infant adoptions and these agencies told me that since we had a child and that we were "older" (I am 35 for goodness sake) we would probably have to have a long wait. Which is what had us looking into IA b/c "it was a sure thing." How funny that statement is to me now. Well, I plan on talking to a few more agencies about the state of domestic infant adoption right now and possibly foster care to adoption. When things started getting really uncertain with VN, I prayed that God let us know where our next child was and that I was open to his will.

Josh has been a challenge lately. As frustrated I am with the state of the adoption, I am also a bit relieved that we have not gone to VN yet. All in God's timing right. Josh as he gets older and bigger, we need to get his behaviors in check. I have left several messages w/ the director of the developmental disability clinic (behavior) w/ no calls back. I will call everyday if I have to. Josh's latest behavior is head butting us (mostly me). I thought he knocked out my tooth this week. The thing is I do not believe that he is intending to hurt anyone, b/c he really is a sweet natured child. That is why we need to get into TCH. He used to just be aggressive to me but now he has started to be that way with my mom. I told her she should be honored to be a member of such an elite club.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on losing 20 lbs!!!! You must feel amazing!

Hang in there, things will work out the way they are meant to, for all of us.