Friday, March 21, 2008

Did I receive my sign? You be the judge

I don't know if I mentioned this in the last post or not? If I did so sorry. Let me start by saying that our agency does not usually allow concurrent adoptions, but with the situation with VN they are allowing them by putting the VN adoption "on hold" for 12 months. I don't know what is magical about 12 months but whatever. As ya'll know, I have those two foster to adopt meetings lined up for next week. I want all ducks in a row when VN gov't says what they are doing.

I have also been asking God to let me know his will for our family. I have asked him for a neon flashing sign as to what to do with the adoption. (I need the neon sign b/c I can be think-headed) Well I may have received it in an email! As the title stated, you be the judge. I know I have some regular readers who do not comment. I would love your opinion.

Let me digress for a bit-------

I emailed Catholic Charities to inquire about their foster program. Catholic Charities was the first agency we talked to right about two years ago. We were in the gathering info stage and talked to them about domestic infant adoption. I absolutely love how they run their program. They only allow approximately 50 families waiting at a time. They have the birth mothers and adoptive families fill out extensive questionaires. When a birth mother is ready to select an adoptive family, the social worker takes her survey and selects 3-4 families who matches hers closely. So when we were ready to begin, I called the social worker and guess what they were full/no longer accepting new Caucasian families. :(:( I have received mailings over the past couple of years getting my hopes up (before we started VN) and when I would call they were recruiting minority families. Like I said, I emailed the social worker to inquire about foster adoption info sessions. I receive an email back letting me know that they are opening up infant adoption to Caucasian families April 1, 2008. They have been closed for almost 2 years.

Isn't that something else? I actually don't want to get too excited b/c I have to meet and get all of the particulars. It would also mean paying for two adoptions at the same time. I need to find that money tree I keep hearing about. The foster to adopt adoptions in TX are free. But I am still excited that Catholic Charities is an option to us again.

So, question of the hour ------- Did I get my neon sign as to what to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a sign. My experience is, when you ask God to send you a sign, He will. I received two myself over the past four years...twice I asked, and twice I received a neon light-style sign (both on my blog) ...Very cool. But you already know that, don't you? :-)