Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Things may not be as bad as orginally thought

I received an update from our case worker today. He seems very positive that things will continue and move forward in VN. Granted that the MOU (an agreement between the two countries to proceed with adoption) is renewed. The countries have until 12/21/07 to submit their intent to continue adoptions. As of last week, the US has not taken any steps towards this. I really don't see why they would not extend it b/c both countries are working to address the issues of unethical adoptions over there. I don't see why new policy would be implemented if they were not planning on continuing. Just my take on things.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Good! I'm glad you got some positive news & I will continue to keep ya'll in my prayers! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm on pins and needles here - did your dossier make it in on time? Ours got in within a few days of a document expiring as well.