Wednesday, November 7, 2007

More buzzing in the adoption world

Let me start this post by saying that I get so annoyed with message boards. It is a great concept---- support and advise for those with things in common. About a year ago, I unsubscribed from the preemie group b/c it became so negative and judgemental. I am beginning to wonder if they all eventually end up like that. I belong to a Vietnam adoption group and surprise, surprise the banter has gotten pretty negative. I really don't read it as often as I used to.

The hot topic is something called a NOID (notice of intent to deny). Several families have been issued NOIDS for the babies Visas. The US consulate feels that theses babies paperwork has discrepancies. I really feel for these families stuck over there now with no hopes of coming home any time soon. I don't feel they set out to find an unethical agency. It is so hard to decide which agency to go with. We are happy with our agency but basically went with what strangers told us. We did not know anyone who has adopted from VN.

Now about unethical agencies out there. VN adoptions had been stopped b/c of corruption. Now that they are doing them again, it is really upsetting that agencies are up to their old dirty tricks. The NOIDS being issued lead one to believe this. I don't know what we would do if the process was suspended again. I would be heart broken. I whole heartedly believe Claire is in VN waiting for us. (Yes, I did just let the name slip. It will let me know who actually reads the blog.)

No comments: