Thursday, November 8, 2007

The roller coaster ride begins

Everyone who reads this needs to pray that Vietnam does not stop US adoptions. I emailed my agency this morning asking if I should be worried about these NOIDS being issued and if it is jeopardizing the program. My upbeat and generally laid back (no worries) case worker did not give me a breezy reply. He said how this new process could upset the VN officials b/c of the addition scrutiny it will probably bring. He feels we will know more in the next couple of months. He said that VN does a lot of adoption with other countries that will not put the pressure on them like the US, and it is up the whim of the VN gov't to continue or not. I do want to say I agree with what the US gov't is doing, but it will really devastate me if VN ends US adoptions. I just have to remember that God has the master plan for us and where we end up getting our next child. I still believe it will be in VN b/c from the beginning it has felt so right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so depressing :-(

R&H said...

This is terrifying!
We've made it so far (25 months in this adoption process!!) I can't imagine NOT bringing my baby home. I hope things work out.
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com

Jodie said...

Hey girl,
I know this "roller coaster" all too well. Someone told me yesterday "I like roller coasters...this IS NOT one!" Your family remains in my prayers. I know that no words can help right now, just know that we are thinking of you & let me know if there is anything we can do to help. It will work out.