Monday, December 17, 2007

Another USM graduate

I have stumbled across another Golden Eagle in adoption blog world. Small world. She is actually with our agency making our world even smaller.

I know it probably seems I went to LSU by being totally obnoxious with the postings. I grew up in the big BR but went to USM in Hattiesburg, MS. Mitch and I met at USM, but he finished BA at LSU and got an MA from LSU. Needless to say we are big LSU fans. Not much to cheer about USM these days. Brett Farve has been our superstar, and he graduated 17 years ago. I feel old.

Not much to report on the adoption front.

Mitch and I had another night out without Josh. I really did not know what to do. We went out with three other couples to Brennan's (a 4 or 5 star restaurant for those who do not know) and no we did not have to travel to New Orleans. There is one in Houston. We spent WAY TOO MUCH money and ate some amazing seafood and of course desert. Bananas Foster nuff said. One thing that has made me very sad since moving to Houston is that NO ONE here makes a good Bloody Mary. Guess what, Brennan's does. I'm glad I was not disappointed. Since Brennan's is a every couple of years restaurant, Mitch has promised me that he will do whatever it takes to get the top secret Bowden family recipe from Sid Jr at Mardi Gras. Jen you may want to warn him. No don't b/c I really want the recipe. Just reading over the post and I want it on the record that I am not a lush. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to imply that you were being obnoxious!!!! I just figured since you are LSU fans, you know....man, I always manage to stick my foot in my mouth :). And you are totally not obnoxious - believe me...most of my family and friends are rabid Mississippi State fans, and talk about nothing to get excited about.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I forgot to say....yummmm, Brennans. We've been to the New Orleans one once, and it was SO. Good.