Thursday, October 25, 2007

A change in the process in VN

The VN adoption message boards are a buzzing. The USCIS in VN has decided to change the process for our paperwork. The way it is currently done is that we really don't do anymore paperwork until we go over to VN. Well, there are some unscrupulous agencies out there and families were going over and not coming home with their kiddos. The children were not paper ready or at least that is how I understand it. Anyway, they are having us process the paperwork here before we set a travel date. What this means for me (again as I understand it)is that one interview we have in country will be eliminated. I am hoping that this will in turn shorten our stay in VN. I just feel bad for the families traveling next month. The new process will take about 60 days to process. Looks like they will have to delay their travel.

No comments: